Hiccup Insurance is an alternative to excess reduction products
So you’ve purchased Rental Vehicle Excess (RVE) insurance with Hiccup Insurance. What exactly does this mean?
Hiccup Insurance have partnered with one of the world’s leading providers of travel insurance and assistance services, Allianz Global Assistance, to help provide you with peace of mind when renting a car.
It is important to note that once your policy has been confirmed and you have received your confirmation email, your journey is insured for travel within Australia for the date range listed on your policy.
When you collect your car from the car rental desk, simply decline the products offered by the car rental company representative. Hiccup Insurance is an alternative to Excess Reduction products offered at the counter.
The car rental company representative may tell you that you are not covered by Hiccup Insurance however this is a common ploy to up sell products and earn extra commissions from Customers.
You can collect your car without purchasing additional protection products from the car rental company.
To better understand how the RVE insurance product works, we’ve included links to some helpful support articles below:
- Do I have to tell the rental car company that I have purchased from Hiccup Insurance?
- The rental car companies sell a “Collision Damage Waiver” (CDW).Do I still need this product if I purchase Rental Vehicle Excess (RVE) Insurance cover for my journey?
- How do I add my wife / spouse / partner / additional driver to the insurance policy?
- What is a nominated driver?
- Does my policy cover all car rental companies?
- How do I make a claim?
Still have questions? Talk to us…
If you have any questions about Hiccup Insurance, further information is available on the Hiccup Insurance website or alternatively you can email us or call us on 1300 638 234 or +617 3123 4848 if calling from outside of Australia.